Your non-profit group can make up to $1200 working a concessionaire booth for the Thunder of Niagara Air Show on July 18-19, 2015. You don’t need to bring anything, the concessionaire provides it all – we just need people to cook and sell the concessions. This is a great opportunity for your civic organization to raise money. We’re looking for booster clubs, church groups – you name it.
HOW IT WORKS:
We’ll need to know what size booth your group wants to work:
– The size of your booth is the number of people you must have on at all times.
– Booths have 12, 8, 7, 6, 4 and 2 positions.
– Two adults must be on staff at all times.
– It is up to your group to decide how many people are needed to ensure all the positions are covered.
You get paid for the size of your booth.
– The largest groups will make about $1,200 for the weekend.
– We guarantee you’ll make at least $80 per position. Last Air Show groups were paid $97 per position.
– If your group works the largest booth, you are guaranteed to make $920 for the weekend, but we anticipate you making about $1,200 for the weekend. If you have enough people, you can work more than one booth.
Everyone will be onsite all day.
– After the air show begins, parking will be EXTREMELY difficult. People can leave but don’t plan on new people arriving later in the day.
– The Air Show is from 9 AM to 4 PM both days.
– Some of your group will report at 8 AM and the rest of your group will report at 10AM.
– How often you take breaks is up to you. Be mindful to take care of your workers, but also fill all the positions at all times.
Each group requires a Stand Manager.
– Your Stand Manager must be an adult who can be at the Air Show from 8 AM until close booth days.
– There is a mandatory training for on Wednesday, July 15th at 6 PM on base for the Stand Managers and another adult from your group.
– This is where you’ll find your booth assignment; get the training you need to operate your booth; get your parking passes for your group and learn where to report to.
There is no minimum age — but everyone working concession booths must be able to take money and count change back the old fashioned way without the register telling you how much change the customer gets. You have to be over 16 years old to cook.
- In order to receive payment, your group must be able to accept an electronic funds transfer.
- For each position required in the booth you’re assigned, your group will be paid a percentage of the profit from all of the concessions, regardless of the size booth you are working.
- We guarantee the minimum amount paid for each position is $80 for the weekend. The more we sell, the more profit – the more you make. Last Air Show groups were paid $97 per position.
- If your group works a booth with 12 positions, you are guaranteed to make $920 for the weekend, but we anticipate you making about $1,200 for the weekend. If you have enough people you can work more than one booth. If you have a smaller group you can work a smaller booth.